Fixed: Error code 0x80004005 on Windows 10
Now, in this article, we will discuss error code 0x80004005 on Windows 10, its various causes, and related solutions. This bug often appears in the case of failed Windows 10 Update. This is how? You must check for updates also available for your System’s architect and use it to get rid of this problem.
Really like Error 0xc000007b or 0x80246007, we may find some unspecific errors on Windows 10, which can prevent us from completing particular actions. Error 0x80004005 is one of them that pop-ups on the screen on the failure to install Windows updates. Furthermore, you may find this error while entering the Shared Folders, Drives, Virtual Machines, and other such files.
Since there are multiple files in your system related to this error, you have to know the reason after it and where it is happening before going through the ways to fix it. This article will read about different ways to troubleshoot and fix error 0x80004005 along with the causes.
Avoiding or corrupt DLL files, obsolete disk drives, outdated Windows Update are some of the top reasons behind this Error 0x80004005. Manually install the new update, Run Troubleshooter, SSU, and use System restore point are some simple approaches to fix this issue. If none of these efforts, you may also do the DISM command or replace Dpcdll.dll File to solve this problem.
Run the Windows Troubleshooter
- Run System File Checker Commands
- Run System File Checker Commands
- Perform DISM Command
- Replace Dpcdll.dll File
- Update your PC among the latest patches and SSU
- Use System Restore point
- Perform a Clean Install
Solutions of Error code 0x80004005 on Windows 10
Hither, we depict some ways to fix error code 0x80004005 on your Windows 10 PC. Let’s explain them one after another in the article:
1. Run the Windows Troubleshooter
Most maximum of the time, a failed Update may cause the appearance of any bugs. Error code 0x80004005 is one such case, and you can fix this problem using the default Troubleshooter.
Step 1: Press Windows + S all to open the Search.
Step-2: Tap Control Panel in the search field and hit the Enter key.
Step 3: On the next window, choose Tiny icons in View by scrolling down and hit Troubleshooting.
Step-4: Over the left section, click View All, followed with System and Security.
Step 5: Right-click on the Windows Update and choose Run as an Administrator.
Step 6: On the next window, tick the Advanced option. Here, activate Apply repairs automatically check box afterward Next to proceed further.
Step 7: Repeat. Click on the close button to stop the repairing process. Tap View detailed information to see the full result.
Step 8: Finally, Restart your PC to save the changes made so far.
2. Run System File Checker Commands
The System core files play a vital role in your entire PC’s constant running. If some of these files get corrupted, there may appear error 0x80004005. If that’s this case, running System File Checker may resolve this bug. Here’s how to go-ahead-
- Click Windows + R together to launch the Run dialog.
- Tap cmd in the text box, hold Ctrl+Shift key after that hit Enter.
- This Command Prompt as administrator will start when you tap Yes in the UAC prompt.
- At the blinking cursor, type the under command line and hit Enter to execute the same.
- Please wait a few minutes till it ends, searching and correcting corrupt files.
At last, Finish the command Prompt and Update your Windows Copy again.
3. Perform DISM Command
Bad Memory sector may also make the issue of 0x80004005 on your Windows 10 device. That is why try checking the health of your RAM using the DISM command. Here are the steps to follow-
- Tap Command Prompt in the Search box and right-click on the well-matching result from the list.
- Choose the Run as Administrator choice from the context menu.
- If the UAC prompts, type Yes to permit the access.
- At the elevated prompt, type the following code and hit the Enter key at the end.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- As that is a time-consuming process, it may take approx 10 to 15 min to finish the entire process.
scanning process once the is completed, Reboot your PC to save the changes.
4. Replace Dpcdll.dll File
The different top reason behind this error code 0x80004005 is a missing or faulty Dpcdll.dll file in your system. To fix this problem, you require to copy the Dpcdll.dll file on the problematical PC and install the same below the following path-
- Move to the official website and download Dpcdll.dll as per your system model, either 32 or 64.
- This file is available in Zip mode, hence extracting it after downloading and saving it at a particular location.
- Now double-click on its icon to install the setup file.
- Moreover, copy the Dpcdll.dll library and paste it into the C:\Windows\System32 path. See Snapshot below-
Note: If you utilize a 64-bit PC, copy the Dpcdll.dll file and navigate to the C:\Windows\sysWOW64 directory when pasting the file here.
The error may go after performing the above steps. If not, try the next workaround-
5. Update your PC by the latest patches and SSU
This error code 0x80004005 is an update error and may auto-fix after installing patches recently or servicing stacks. Here are the steps-
- Initial of all, visit the official website Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Name and download the latest patches or SSU depending upon your system architect, i.e., 32 or 64.
- If a new window prompts, type the Save button to download the setup file.
- If the download complete, double-click on the setup files to start updating your PC.
- After your System updates, Reboot your PC or check if the problem gets fixed or not.
6. Use System Restore point
Restore System point is a mirror image of your Windows 10 at an initial point in time. It is to create such different restore points when your PC is well working and operating effectively.
If you have created one so, it’s high time to utilize that to resolve this 0x80004005 error. But, if not, move to the next workaround. Here is the full method to use the earlier created system restore point-
- OK, to Start and tap. Create a System Restore Point in this text box.
- Following the System Protection tab, hit the System Restore button.
- Henceforth, click the Next option.
- Now, choose the recently created restore point and hit Scan for affected programs button.
- If everything is alright, hit the stop button, then Next to proceed further.
- At least tap the Finish button to start this process.
Once the above assignment is over, your system will return to your previous working state.
7. Perform a Clean Install
If none of the above fixes steps the Error code 0x80004005, it is better to clean Windows 10. Follow these Methods for fresh installation-
- At first, visit Microsoft’s official website.
- Hither, click the Download tool now button to download the Media Creation Tool. Look Snapshot below-
- The setup file is downloaded, does a right-click on this, and takes the Run as Administrator option.
- The Windows installation will start automatically. You will see two choices here. Choose the one which suits you the greatest.
- Here, we have chosen Upgrade this PC now an option; press the Accept option afterward.
- Make sure to keep the choice “keep your files and apps” on the next screen.
- Lastly, hit the Install button and follow the on-screen instructions till the whole process is over.
The Windows 10 19H1 installation will take some minutes, so wait calmly.
Note: Clear installation of Windows 10 will delete all the data from the HDD. For, you must create a full backup of your system to protect your important data.
These are the possible methods for solving the error 0x80004005 on a Windows PC. You may try these steps one by one until the error 0x80004005 is fixed. If you have anything to asked or share, please put your queries under in the comments section.