In Windows 10, this language pack is a beneficial feature used to switch between different languages either for Windows display or writing. Though, some users reported having an experience of Language Pack error 0x800f0954 on their device.
That error may continue popping up, for example, when you add language features and cause several issues on your PC. This article will discuss different ways to sort out this issue, such as- Edit Wuauserv settings, Change Wi-Fi Settings, etc. Now, Let’s explore this bug and its solutions in detail-
- Change Wi-Fi Settings
- Edit Wuauserv settings
- Manually add the pack
What Causes this Language Pack Error 0x800f0954
Well, Some of the possible factors which may generate the Error 0x800f0954 on your device are as follow-
- First, Windows update – Some update files appear to hamper the proper functioning of the services required to install language packs triggering this glitch. This all depends upon the settings of the System.
- Corrupt or erased files – The crucial Windows system files might be damaged or erased. Besides, if any critical program file is missing or wrongly configured, then the language packs will not act appropriately.
- Then, Internet connection – Weak Internet connection might be the reason for the trigger of this error.
Features: Get Affected Due to this Error Message
These functions, which get mainly impacted by the error 0x800f0954, are – English Optical Character Recognition, English AU Speech Recognition utilities, and handwriting recognition tools.
Suddenly, they’re some of the essential features while localizing PC language input.
Fix- Windows 10 Language Pack Error 0x800f0954
Here we discussed three different ways to Fix Error 0x800f0954 on your System, they are-
1. Change Wi-Fi Settings
Now, At first, check the current state of the metered connection toggle switch, i.e., On or OFF. Suppose you have enabled this previously, turn this off then only complete the installation of specific language packs. Here is how to do –
- Tap on the Start button and type Wi-Fi settings. Now, Press Enter to access the Wireless network.
- Then, go to the Network device from where you are accessing the internet.
- Next, Scroll down to Metered connection then turn off this toggle switch. (See the Snapshot below) –
- Now, wait patiently for a while until a message pops up on your screen – We’re installing new features.
- Here, Click on the same and continue waiting until everything installs on your computer.
- Finally, you may turn off the Metered connection setting.
2. Edit Wuauserv settings
The Wuauserv is a Windows system service that contains the wuauserv.dll library. It is a critical tool and takes care of the Windows Update process. Suppose there’s an issue related to this service, this may start the computer’s Language pack Error. To address this bug, follow the below guideline –
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Win + R altogether.
- In the void, type Regedit using your keyboard then hit the OK button.
- Click the Yes button if prompted by UAC.
- When the Registry Editor starts, navigate to the below location –
- Jump to the right side and double-click to open the key UseWUServer.
Note: If you don’t find this key, make a right-click anywhere on the blank area and select New > DWORD (32 bit) Value. Rename this entry to UseWUServer.
- Make sure to change the Base to Decimal and put “0” inside the Value data field.
Modify Registry to fix 0x800f0954
- Lastly, hit OK to confirm these changes and close the registry.
After modifying the registry, make sure to clear the Windows Update Cache folder using the below steps –
- Click the Start button and type cmd.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator.
- If prompted by UAC, hit Yes.
- Next, run these codes one by one, and followed by the Enter key separately.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc
- ren C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- net start appidsvc
- net start cryptsvc
After running the above codes successfully, come out of the Command prompt area and Restart Windows.
From the following logon, check whether you can download and install the language packs that were earlier failing.
3. Manually Add the Language pack
Suppose the above methods didn’t work and you’re still receiving the Language Pack Error 0x800f0954, add the required Language pack manually following the below steps –
- Now, Press Win + I to open the Settings window.
- Select Time and Language after that Language on the left pane.
- Hit “Add a Language. ” Show the list of all the languages available online.
- Type the name of your preferred language in the search box. Once found, select it and click the Next button at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining process.
I hope you are now able to resolve this language pack error using one of the above solutions.