If you’ve been looking for a MongoDB GUI tool for Windows, macOS, or Linux, you’ve probably come across many articles that mention now-defunct tools like mongodb client MongoVue, MongoHub, and Rockmongo.
A few MongoDB tools, such as Mongo Management Studio (last updated in January 2018) and NoSQLClient, have not been updated in a long time (last updated in August 2017).
There are numerous MongoDB management tools on the market. These best MongoDB tools can help you get more out of your MongoDB development and administration tasks.
Here is a mongodb client best MongoDB tools list of the most popular MongoDB GUI tools for your business, complete with top features, usage instructions, and download links. We’ll go over each MongoDB tool and see how it addresses common user complaints, such as:
- Utilizing SQL and MongoDB
- Connecting to some MongoDB databases
- Understanding the syntax of MongoDB
- Data imports and exports
- Query construction
- Carrying out CRUD operations
- Constructing MongoDB aggregations
- MongoDB administration tasks
12 Best MongoDB GUI Tools for Windows, macOS, Linux
1. Robo 3T
Robo 3T (formerly Robomongo) is a well-known free GUI for MongoDB users.
This lightweight, open-source tool supports multiple platforms and embeds the mongo shell within its interface, allowing for surface and GUI-based interaction.
It was created by 3T Software, the same team that created Studio 3T, the MongoDB IDE.
- Shell environment embedded
- Asynchronous, non-blocking UI that works with MongoDB 4.0
HumongouS.io is a mongodb gui client mighty online MongoDB GUI with a user interface that is easy to use even for non-technical users.
The mongo db compass widget system allows you to specify how your collections should be displayed (clickable URLs, formatted numbers, image previews, etc.).
- You can invite your coworkers directly from the app.
- There is no longer any need to share database credentials.
- Because it works on the web and mobile, you can access your data from anywhere.
- You can use the Smart Filters buttons to filter your collections quickly.
- You can use the amazing Smart Search feature to search your database using only keywords.
- It also includes a tool for creating charts and dashboards.
- Platforms supported: Web Desktop, Web Mobile.
3. Studio 3T
Studio 3T mongodb software is as new as they come.
It is the most actively maintained MongoDB GUI and IDE on the market, with two releases in 2021 and 9 in 2020.
While other MongoDB tools provide shortcuts to code snippets, Studio 3T mongodb compass provides proper UIs for everyday tasks such as import/export, managing users and roles, creating indexes, and many others.
Using SQL and MongoDB
The world still relies on SQL, but MongoDB is gaining traction.
Studio 3T is the best integrated development environment designed specifically for MongoDB teams:
- IntelliShell can autocomplete queries.
- Drag and drop fields to create queries visually.
- To query MongoDB, use SQL with INNER and OUTER joins.
- Single MongoDB instances and replica sets require secure connections.
- Documents should be copied and pasted between servers and databases.
- Build aggregation queries stage by stage by easily comparing and synchronizing data.
- There are several ways for importing and exporting data, including SQL Migration
- Imports and other repetitive MongoDB tasks can be automated and scheduled.
DbSchema is a mongodb compass export data visual MongoDB designer for MongoDB.
It enables you to design MongoDB validation rules that define how the data is organized.
The validation rules model can be shared among members of a team and deployed on various databases.
It allows you to document the validation schema and generate HTML5 documentation, visually explore data, build native MongoDB queries, generate random data, create reports, and so on.
Allows you to create a MongoDB validation schema and share it with your team.
- It offers a visual database data explorer.
- You can contrast the validation schemas of the two databases.
- Create database documentation in HTML5.
- Enables you to use the mouse to create native queries.
- It has the potential to automate schema management.
- Make up some random data.
- Create database reports using tables and charts.
The mongodb gui ubuntu SolarWinds MongoDB Monitoring Tool enables you to examine the query’s performance over time.
This application offers user-friendly dashboards and visualisations.
- It is capable of detecting inconsistencies in MongoDB queries.
- DBAs and DevOps can easily monitor throughput, latency, errors, and other metrics.
- The tool assists you in quickly resolving the performance issue.
- Databases can be monitored in the cloud, in a hybrid environment, or locally.
- It offers a web-based user interface.
NoSQLBooster is the most intelligent MongoDB GUI, complete with a built-in script debugger, SQL query, server monitoring, and true IntelliSense.
- It offers a built-in MongoDB script debugger.
- Set breakpoints and step through code using NoSQLBooster’s debugging capabilities.
- Offers a genuine IntelliSense experience.
- The built-in language service knows all possible completions, methods, properties, variables, keywords, and even MongoDB collection, field, and operator names.
- Execute a SQL SELECT query on MongoDB.
- Supports a fluent query builder API similar to Mongoose.
- Offers extensive performance monitoring and analysis tools.
- You can use any of the global objects and modules included with Node.js.
This MongoDB GUI tool combines a user-friendly interface with Shell power.
It offers high performance and support for all of the latest MongoDB and MongoDB Enterprise features.
It also saves database developers and administrators time.
- MongoDB GUI Shell includes code autocompletion and syntax highlighting.
- Allows connections to replica sets, standalone hosts, and sharded clusters.
- The editor has three points of view.
- View modes include tree, table, and JSON.
- Simple-to-use document viewer
- GridFS File Manager Tool
- All types of MongoDB objects have a simple view and management option.
- Tables from MySQL and SQL Server databases can be imported.
- Several MongoDB host database connections
- Documents can be exported to CSV, XML, XLSX, and JSON file formats.
MongoDB Compass is yet another helpful tool.
It is one of the top best mongodb gui tools, giving users a graphical representation of their MongoDB schema without a query language.
It also analyses documents and rich displays structures within this user-friendly interface.
- This mongodb ui tool allows you to explore data visually.
- MongoDB Compass analyses documents and displays complex structures within a single collection.
- Ad-hoc queries can be run in seconds.
- This mongodb editor provides quick access to server status and query performance.
- Allows you to see query performance.
- A better approach to CRUD facilitates interaction by allowing users to make decisions about indexing, document validation, and other issues.
- There is no need to type a command line.
9. Nucleon Database Master
Nucleon Database Master is a powerful and user-friendly MongoDB database administration and management tool.
It is one of the most effective MongoDB tools for managing, monitoring, querying, editing, and visualising relational NoSQL DBMS.
- This MongoDB client includes a JSON/LINQ/SQL Query Editor. It offers a robust and user-friendly SQL, LINQ, and JSON query editor.
- This mongodb ui tool includes valuable features such as code highlighting, code completion, and text find and replace.
- Users can export data to XML, HTML, MS Office, CSV, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, XPS, JSON, dBase, and PNG file formats.
- It includes a dynamic query editor in C# Scripting that supports Linq to MongoDB and Linq to Dataset.
- This mongodb editor supports data import from XML, CSV, and SQL Script files of any size.
ClusterControl offers fully automated security, ensuring the database infrastructure’s integrity.
Using this MongoDB tool, you can deploy and manage multiple open-source database technologies from a single console.
- This MongoDB client tool enables users to create custom solutions for their own MongoDB deployments.
- With the help of this tool, you can easily add and remove nodes, resize instances, and clone production clusters.
- It offers a unified interface for automating mixed MongoDB and MySQL database environments.
- It includes management features for repairing and recovering broken nodes, as well as testing and automating upgrades.
11. Mongo Management Studio
Mongo Management Studio is yet another useful MongoDB management tool.
All regular MongoDB commands can be executed without using the MongoDB shell.
- Mongo Management Studio is cross-platform, which means it works on all major operating systems.
- It is one of the top best MongoDB tools, and it offers MongoDB 3.0, 3.2, and 3.4.
- Using an SSH tunnel, the app can connect to remote MongoDB databases.
- GridFS collections can be read and written to using Mongo Management Studio.
- This mongodb ide offers comprehensive documentation of all features by explaining MongoDB-related topics.
- Its inline edit feature allows for on-the-fly data manipulation.
12. MongoJS Query Analyzer
- It can also be typed and run.
- The MongoJS Query Analyzer lets users see the results in a tree hierarchy, grid, or text format.
- The MongoJS Pretty Print JSON feature makes it possible to display the JSON result in an easy-to-read format.
- This mongodb ide displays query results in various formats, including text, text history, grid, and pivot grid.
- The Query Analyzer’s contents can be saved in a variety of ways and formats.
What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is a document-oriented NoSQL database that is used for large-scale data storage. MongoDB employs collections and documents rather than tables and rows as in traditional relational databases.
This beginner’s tutorial – Learn MongoDB in 7 Days – will teach you MongoDB in simple and easy steps.
Which MongoDB GUI Tools are the Best?
The following are some of the best MongoDB GUI Tools:
- 3T Robo 3T HumongouS.io Studio
- NoSQL Manager
- MongoDB Compass
- MongoDB Monitoring Tool
Which factors should be considered when selecting the best MongoDB GUI Tool?
Before deciding on the MongoDB GUI Tool, consider the following factors.
- Simple to integrate into your existing systems.
- The ease of use.
- Help with data extraction from a variety of sources.
- End-to-end dependability
- Extensive coverage.
- Integration with a variety of data cleansing tools.
- The license fee.
- Customer service is of high quality.
- Support and update the tool vendor’s policy.
- Company evaluations.