How to Activate FaceTime on an iPhone: If you are unable to switch on or login into iMessage or FaceTime.
You must first enable iMessage or FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to use them. Follow these procedures if you receive an error message during activation.
When you activate iMessage or FaceTime, you may receive one of the following messages:
- I’m awaiting activation.
- The activation was failed.
- During activation, an error occurred.
- Please first check your network connection if you are unable to sign in.
- The iMessage server could not be reached.
- Please try again.
Android users can use FaceTime.
Examine your device’s settings.
Check if you are linked to cellular data or a Wi-Fi network. If you have an iPhone, SMS messaging is required to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime.
You may be charged for this SMS depending on your provider.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and double-check that your time zone is appropriately set.
- iMessage and FaceTime should be turned off and restarted.
- Turn off iMessage by going to Settings > Messages.
- Turn off FaceTime by going to Settings > FaceTime.
Restart your device as follows:
- iPod touch
Reactivate iMessage and FaceTime.
After a day, is it still not activated?
It may take up to time 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime.
If the problem persists after 24 hours, do the following steps:
- Check that your device is running the most recent iOS or iPadOS.
- If you have an iPhone, check with your carrier to be sure you can send and receive SMS texts.
- If you use your iPhone with a carrier not included in the wireless carrier articles, ensure that you may send and receive international SMS. Please get in touch with Apple Support.