When you think about travel, the first thing that comes out in your mind is a hotel. In this modern time, we travel a lot for many purposes. Some travel for business and some travel for enjoyment or relaxations. Whatever the reason, traveling is getting popular, and we can not ignore the importance of having a good travel experience. And for a good travel experience, the hotel plays an important role.
The hotel is where we live for a particular time frame. We all want a better hotel experience when we travel and hotel management always tries to do their best to serve their clients.
To serve better hotel administration, they regularly give their customers some receipts. A receipt is a summarised bill about room charge, food cost, pool charge, gym, and many more services. Usually, customers will get this receipt at the end of their stay when they check out from the hotel. Sometimes hotel leadership offers some paper slip receipts for the customers.
What purpose receipt is Used For and how to create?
The hotel owner’s main work is to give proper services to its customer. By giving services, they will earn their profit and do operate properly. For better services and better customer satisfaction, hotel owners must keep all the service-related charges properly. Because clients always want proper and specific charges documents from a hotel owner.
A hotel receipt is an important part that tells the full details of the customer’s purchase, total cost, payment information, and many more. This will also help the owner find out the error and full history of the services customers were bought during their stay in the hotel. So this receipt is an integral part of the hotel management and they use it properly for smooth operations.
There are many ways a hotel owner can create a hotel receipt for his customer. They can use a simple handwritten format or a specific hotel receipt template for it. Whatever the format and process are, there is some specific information that must have in those receipts. Which are below
- Name of the hotel, address, contact information, email, website, fax, and other emergency numbers.
- The customer’s Name along with contact information and the total number of guests staying in the hotel. Those full details should be included in the form.
- How many days they will stay in the hotel that information should also be included in the receipt.
- Customer total purchases from the hotel
- Include services and amenities along with local tax and services
- Total details about payment option and a log of outstanding debts
- Hotel Invoice or receipt numbers
These are the most important thing the owner of the hotel or management should include in their receipts. This will help them for better and easy services to the customers and future audit and taxation matters.
Hotel management normally uses a template for their customers. Most of the time, they use a specific well-documented template for the customer to overcome any sorts of problems. These templates also help to ensure the quality services and overcome any unwanted issues with their valued customers.
Types of receipt and invoice for Hotels
For a hotel owner, receipt or invoice plays a vital role in their daily operations. For these reasons, they use the professional templates in their hotel to get the maximum benefits from it. There are many types of invoices and receipt templates are there to choose from and record your information. But the right kind of template is the main factor here. Now I will write some different types of hotel receipt templates that can help you to do serve better.
Standard Invoice/ receipt: This standard receipt will give you an idea about how much money you will get from your customer.
Recurring Invoice Or receipt: This is only used for a regular customer who enjoys many more services from the hotel on a daily or monthly basis, for example, a hotel gym or spa services.
Prepayment Invoice/ receipt: When your hotel rent or do provide any event management services to the client, you often use this prepayment receipts. Using this, you will ask your customer to give some advance money for a particular rent or service. Hotel owners only get a small portion of money from this receipt.
Time-Based Invoice/ Receipt: This is another form of the invoice which is used for a time frame base services. The length of the service is the main point here.
Credit Invoice/ receipt: A credit invoice is shipped to a client to give notification for any sort of a refund.
Debit Invoice: This invoice is sent to notify a customer that they owe some money.
Step by Step: Hotel Receipt Guide
- Customer identifications: Customer id is the main part of the receipt. Without proper identification, hotel management will not be able to charge properly. It will also help in the future for any sort of dispute. So identification information must collect properly for making any receipts.
- Charge a down Payment for the room: Sometimes, hotel management can charge a downpayment for some particular incident, for example, broken glass, broken lamp, or any other beautification items. This incident is not identified immediately. In that case, hotel management can send a down payment receipt.
- Add mini-fridge and room service charges daily: In your hotel receipt, some of the charges should include daily, which are room charge, room wifi, fridge usage charge, hotel food charge, gym, pool, restaurant fees, hotel bars, and many more. This must be included daily to make clear and understandable receipts.
- Check-out and Pay: this is the final part when all the customer’s details are given then the customer will have to pay his dues. Customer can use any form of payment method which are accepted by the hotel management.
Finally, a receipt is a very important thing for all the hotel owners for better management and services. Every customer, after getting or purchasing something from the hotel will get this receipt. Some elements must be included in the receipts and for that reason, the owner can use the professional template to overcome this hurdle.