How to Contact Amazon Customer Service
If you’ve always tried to contact Amazon customer service to get a change to your account or modify an order, you might have gone into some difficulty.
It can be challenging for users to locate contact information for the eCommerce giant everywhere on its homepage.
Here are some steps you can get in touch with Amazon customer service when you have a problem with your account to help you.
How to call Amazon Customer Service
The Google search “does Amazon have a telephone number” returns about 2 billion hits. The great news is that the answer is yes, all do.
Amazon’s customer service phone number is 1-888-280-4331. Also, you can call that number 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Still calling Amazon often comes with a wait. It also desires you to have a mobile phone paired with your Amazon account, as the customer service agent will send you a verification code via text message before you can commence asking your questions or sharing an issue.
But, if calling looks like trouble, yet with the potential ease of voice-commanding a call on an Amazon Echo — there are other methods to contact the company.
How to contact Amazon Customer Service via chat
Amazon’s “Contact Us” page will step you through contacting specific issues while recommending that you call the company.
Usually, an online chat with an Amazon customer service rep is a more comfortable way to contact Amazon and resolve an issue. Here’s how to take it.
1. While logged in and next, on the main page, scroll to the bottom of the page and, below the column labeled “Let Us Help You,” click on “Help.”
2. On the next page, here the heading “Browse Help Topics,” hover over (or tap if on mobile) “Need More Help?”
3. Next, Click “Contact Us” form the menu that looks to the right.
4. On the next page, choose the general area of concern from the four topics given “An Order I Placed,” “Devices,” “Digital Content & Services,” and “Prime or Something Else.”
5. Click the drop-down bar(s) under “Know us more.”
6. Click the button that arrives with the word “Chat” to commence an online conversation with a customer service rep.
How to email Amazon
If you favor contacting Amazon by email, there are two addresses to which you can send mail. However, I’ve noticed that the response time is often 48 hours or even a bit more. This said, an email creates a record of your correspondence and thus might be the best way for some issues.
To problems with your account, so as a billing dispute, you should email email@example.com.
For general queries, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your chosen communication method is social media, you can comment, Tweet, or hashtag one of their many accounts. This is not the most effective method to reach them, but it can provide you to air a difficulty, probably drawing more thorough addressing of the company’s issue.
Amazon’s customer service Twitter account does @amazonhelp. Their Facebook page is www.facebook.com/Amazon. On Instagram, they’re you chose it — @amazon.
But, if you need answers fast, pick up the phone and give Amazon a call. There are reps available to help you out. (I also made up a question and called them myself just now to make sure I could get through with satisfaction.)